Our renovation division manages the rehabilitation and redevelopment of multifamily housing and the conversion of historic structures into desirable, affordable dwellings. By utilizing our experienced renovation construction services, we are able to convert your outdated housing or unused structure into a sustainable, energy efficient, and desirable residence.
Premiere Property Renovations in Raleigh, Wilmington, Charlotte, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia Including:
- Older Apartment Complexes
- Conversion of Historic Mills
- Unused Commercial Properties into Modern Residential Housing
- Hotel Renovations
- Conversion of Historic Structures to Dwellings
We do apartment renovations for a variety of clients including faith-based organizations and municipal housing authorities who utilize government sources, mainly HUD, for the funding of the work. We also perform renovations for private owners who need to upgrade their properties to be more competitive in the market.
For any of these clients, the scope of work typically includes some or all of the following:
- Roofing upgrades
- Exterior replacement including new windows and new siding
- Structural repairs
- Interior finish improvements
- New flooring
- New countertops and appliances
- Electrical service upgrades and new lighting fixtures
- Plumbing service upgrades and new plumbing fixtures
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system upgrades
- Improved energy efficiency by incorporating the latest techniques of Energy Star, LEED, Earth Craft, and Green Build
- Reducing air leakage with the installation of energy efficient doors, windows, and expert caulking
- Energy star HVAC equipment, appliances, electrical fixtures, and plumbing fixtures
Occasionally, major structural modifications are made such as adding an elevator shaft, building a new roof structure, or adding a new building or additional living space to an existing building.
Why a Client Should Choose HKJ to do Their Property Renovation:
We have supervised the completion of over $200 million in renovation work. From this, we have accumulated a vast database of knowledge and historical pricing associated with the potential unknowns of renovating a structure. We understand the most likely scenarios for unknown conditions and the solutions that have been adopted to deal with these potential problems. We are able to provide a thorough inspection of the project and provide a detailed scope of work for the client that aids him in preparing his pro forma. This also aids the architect in designing the project and the lender in providing funding for the construction.
Renovation projects are typically accomplished while portions of the building or complex are occupied. We are sensitive to the needs of the tenants and we adjust our normal work hours to create less disturbance for them. We provide signage to communicate new traffic patterns, highlight equipment and/or material deliveries to be aware of, and notify them of any upcoming changes in the construction process. We schedule public meetings to inform the tenants of upcoming construction activities and offer them an opportunity to voice their concerns. We protect their property and vehicles and work to minimize any inconveniences they may encounter during the construction process. We make sure the work is performed correctly the first time and we only put experienced, compassionate supervision on the project.
Call us today at (919) 303-3652 and let the professionals at Harold K. Jordan & Company handle your next building project.
Harold K. Jordan & Company is a multifamily general contracting company and renovation specialist serving the construction needs of clients in Raleigh, Wilmington, Charlotte, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia.